Up close and personal 4

That was a tricky one but it was a barely open love-in-a-mist – Nigella damascena.

nigella close

This one will be a bit tricky too. Any ideas?

rudclose

10 Comments on “Up close and personal 4”

September 30, 2015 at 9:05 am #

I’m not much good at this 🙂

September 30, 2015 at 9:54 am #

A sunflower? No 1, I guessed poppy but thought Shirley as I’ve never grown them & am not au fait with the finer details. The pleating had me foxed! No clue re the last 2, I don’t remember ever seeing that particular Persicaria & or a Nigella that colour. Like Joy Lily was my best guess. How far out were we!

September 30, 2015 at 4:05 pm #

I think Meriel has got it right with sunflower

September 30, 2015 at 6:01 pm #

Do you now 🙂 Close enough really – its mean to say it is wrong but it is not quite right – but it would be difficult to work it out from what I showed you 🙂

September 30, 2015 at 6:14 pm #

ahhhhh maybe a rudbecca excuse spelling

October 1, 2015 at 4:15 pm #

Except I hadn’t looked at this until I had seen the answer, like Joy, Rudbeckia would have been my second guess. If I had been at home I would have compared the two centres in detail in the garden. I should have realised you would choose a more difficult answer!

October 1, 2015 at 5:22 pm #

It was a bit unfair and the back of the flower would have helped a lot! It was close enough though. Well done. I hope you are having great weather over in the IOM