Happy St. Patrick’s Day: The Ring of Kerry

Having just got back from a whistle-stop tour of the Ring of Kerry, possibly the most visited part of Ireland, apart from Dublin of course, here is a quick selection of photos for St Patrick’s Day. More to come, of course, with some explanation, but here is a quick overview, traveling anticlockwise round the Ring from Killarney.

River near Glenbeigh

Bray Head from the Skellig Ring

Bray Head from the Skellig Ring

Kerry Cliffs with Puffin Island in the distance

Kerry Cliffs with Puffin Island in the distance

Kerry cliffs on the Skellig Ring

Kerry cliffs on the Skellig Ring

will have to look this one up!

near Ballinskelligs

View near Ladies View in Killarney National Park

View near Ladies View in Killarney National Park

moss

moss

Lake near Torc Mountain

Lake near Torc Mountain

, , , , , ,

8 Comments on “Happy St. Patrick’s Day: The Ring of Kerry”

1. Bec
    March 17, 2015 at 8:17 am #

Thank you for the lovely photos. I drove round the ring of Kerry many years ago – it was so misty we didn’t see a thing. I really must go back again. Have a lovely st Patrick’s day 🙂

March 17, 2015 at 8:25 am #

Yes, I was lucky. It wasn’t perfect weather but any day it is not raining there is a bonus. Thank you.

• Bec
        March 17, 2015 at 8:35 am #

You’re right about that – I’ve been to west Ireland a lot 15-20 years ago – v beautiful especially liked Mayo and Galway – I got wet plenty of times too.

March 17, 2015 at 8:37 am #

I know I will be criticised for saying this but I think I liked Mayo and Galway more than Kerry!

March 17, 2015 at 8:26 am #

lovely hope you enjoyed it , happy st patricks day . malcs birthday so we celebrate

3. fernwoodnursery
    March 18, 2015 at 10:21 am #

Thank you for sharing all the wonderful photos, I travel to west coast of Ireland at least once every year to do some work there. ( Kilorglin). So beautiful, I miss it and always look forward to returning. Coming from the state of Maine, where people often make a point to travel because it is also so beautiful, I can honestly say, Ireland takes my breath away. I am wanting to visit the Mt vernon Nursery in Dublin, have you been? Always enjoy your blog, and now will have to keep an eye out for the strawberry tree (different post). Hope spring is making her way in a timely fashion, we’re still waiting here!

March 18, 2015 at 5:26 pm #

It is funny how we all love places we can’t live! I have never been to Maine but have been to the west coast many times and I love Washington and Oregon – maybe it is all the rain! I have not been to Mount Vernon yet – despite having been so close many many times but they exhibit at Bloom, the big Dublin flower show in June and I have been lucky enough to judge and their exhibits are wonderful. Spring started today I think, after a cold start the day was calm and bright and the daffs are all bursting through. I know you have had a hard time of it over there but surely spring must be arriving soon! Two years ago we had a strange late spring and everything overlapped in a really strange way – was wonderful in its own way!