Last year I made an autumnal picture with leaves and dried pods set in a deep IKEA frame. I had intended to make one every season as a memento of my time here in Ireland but I never got round to it – must try harder! With lots of statice this year I decided to make another picture but in a more abstract style. As with everything I sort of rushed into it and did not plan it well so it is not quite as good as I would have liked but, several hours later, over several evenings, I finally got it finished and the kitchen table is finally clear.
Starting from the top, the rows are purple statice, xeranthemum, statice, pink rhodanthe, statice, white rhodanthe, rather past it xeranthemum, statice, with a group of ammobium and nicandra pods (taken out of their calyces), white rhodanthe and Eryngium leavenworthii.
Sorry the photos are not as good as they should be!