Sunday bunch 1

youre beautiful  bouquet

For the next few weeks, till the weather stops the fun, I will do cut flower bunches on Sundays. I do many hand-tied bunches for the house and for the ‘Tara Vie’ every week and where I can I will take photos of them for each Sunday post. A few plants will feature heavily because I planted them in the cut flower garden for their prolific and constant supply of flowers. So I will apologise now for the repeated use of statice and achillea – they are ‘musts’ in a cut flower garden.

your beautiful bouquet3

So this week we have achillea, statice and a pink-centred cosmos. The ‘interesting’ flowers are a rose and an umbellifer. I grew red ‘soup celery’ this year and because of the dry conditions they all ran to seed. So although fairly useless for cooking (though the stems can be used to flavour stock) the ‘airy’ flowers stems are nice for adding to bunches. The rose is ‘You’re Beautiful’. This Fryers rose (‘Fryracy’) was UK Rose of the Year 2013 and is a wonderful plant. It is strong growing, very healthy and is definitely one of the best roses in the garden. The individual flowers are pretty and have some scent and the colour is beautiful too. Perhaps it is not quite the right shade to go with the other pinks in the bunch but doesn’t look too bad.

your beautiful bouquet

, , ,

10 Comments on “Sunday bunch 1”

September 14, 2014 at 7:27 am #

your beautiful fits in perfect with completely beautiful flowers wow Lovely

September 14, 2014 at 7:29 am #

Thank you. You are up early! I am off to Wexford to talk but you have no excuse not to be in bed with a cup of tea and a chocolate biscuit 🙂

2. Meriel Murdock
    September 14, 2014 at 2:02 pm #

I think your bunch is very lovely & the salmon pink gives the sugar pinks the oomph to make the bunch zing. Is the rose a Hybrid Tea?

September 14, 2014 at 8:39 pm #

‘You’re Beautiful’ is a cluster-flowered rose (floribunda). It is like a much-improved ‘Tickled Pink’ and a lovely rose in the garden.

3. Chloris
    September 14, 2014 at 3:12 pm #

A really pretty posy. . I am not a great fan of Achillea but this one is a lovely colour. I shall look out for the rose as I am making a cutting garden for next year; I can never bear to pick flowers from the garden.

September 14, 2014 at 8:40 pm #

It is a really good rose and rather than flower in flushes it just keeps on blooming. I would recommend it.

4. Julie
    September 14, 2014 at 7:15 pm #

This is really pretty, the seeded celery works wonderfully, the colour is just right.

September 14, 2014 at 8:41 pm #

Thank you 🙂 I ran out of fennel and the celery seemed like a good option.

5. thelonggardenpath
    September 14, 2014 at 11:03 pm #

They’re so beautiful! I can’t imagine running out of fennel! Can I ask what the “Tara Vie” is?