Cahore Beach, Co Wexford

Just down the road from Ballygarrett, posted last week, is the small beach at Cahore. It is a 500m strip of sand, backed by a car park and is pretty much free from crowds thanks to the lack of facilities. The beach is narrow, probably because of the February storm that removed many of the beaches in this part of the world.

cahore beach 30 july 142

cahore beach 30 july 14

cahore beach 30 july 143

cahore beach 30 july 144

cahore beach 30 july 146

cahore beach 30 july 145

9 Comments on “Cahore Beach, Co Wexford”

August 13, 2014 at 7:34 am #

peace perfect peace looks lovely Geoff

2. sueturner31
    August 13, 2014 at 8:37 am #

Calm seas, blue skies and long sandy beaches what more could you want….perfect… 🙂

August 20, 2014 at 10:39 pm #

I know. You often see people on horses on the beaches and that must be wonderful – even though I don’t ride

3. thelonggardenpath
    August 13, 2014 at 1:38 pm #

What a beautiful beach! So many of our beautiful beaches are often deserted places, as in Scotland.

4. Jane Radford
    August 14, 2014 at 7:15 am #

Remember it well Geoff. Inever did see a busy beach even in the tourist season.

August 20, 2014 at 10:38 pm #

Aww. I am glad I brought the memories back. The only vaguely busy beaches are where there is an ice cream shop!

5. Kav
    January 26, 2015 at 9:57 pm #

Mr Corish taught me to swim here along with about 30 other kids, then we progressed over to the Pier to do life saving. We called that the Pier Beach or the North Beach, the South Beach the other side of the Castle is even more beautiful and stretches all the way to Killmuckridge and beyond 🙂 I love Cahore. My best memories spending summers with my cousins and friends. Fishing and Swimming and the Discos in Ballygarrett! lol And Chips from Gregs Bar (now the Strand) when they had a little chipper 🙂 tks for the photos

January 27, 2015 at 7:54 am #

Hello and thanks for your comments. It is interesting to know some more background and your memories. It is a lovely stretch of coast and the beaches are amazing and so quiet – perfect at any time of year